Follow us on Instagram @wakeham_wildcats
Welcome to Wakeham Elementary School!
Welcome to another exciting school year at Wakeham Elementary School. At Wakeham the teachers, staff, students, and community work to provide an environment of high scholarly and behavior expectations. Teachers implement research-based instructional strategies to assure that all students are meeting grade level standards. The school’s instructional program is based on the state and common core standards. Assessments, both formal and informal, provide ongoing accountability for staff, teachers, and students
The Wakeham Elementary teachers and staff feel that a strong partnership between home and school provides the basis for optimal student success. To that end, we are continually looking for ways to help our parents support their child’s education and social growth. We implement a (1st-6th) School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention Support plan that allows parents to know about their child’s behavior on a daily basis. We are partners with the Stanton and Garden Grove District Attorneys and Police Departments through the GRIP program. This partnership provides assistance for students and families through tutoring, counseling, attendance and scholarship incentives, and mentoring.
The Wakeham PTO sponsors many school events. The Halloween Parade, Fall Movie Night, Spring Art Night, and PBIS June Raffle are just some of the community events held at Wakeham. PTO meetings are held once a month. All parents are encouraged to attend and volunteer at Wakeham.
The staff, teachers, and I would like to thank you for your continued support of the school and students. We know that working together we make a difference in our children’s futures.
Wakeham prides itself on providing a nurturing and supportive classroom environment to benefit the learning of all 320 students in attendance. Our beautiful, newly-modernized campus is fully air-conditioned! Teachers and staff are steadfast in their commitment to student success.
Wakheam offers 1:1 ratio of computers to students. Daily instruction includes engaging lessons with Chromebooks and iPads to prepare students with 21st century technology skills!
Our dedicated parental support on campus is channeled through the PTO. The PTO has monthly meetings, where our partnership with the Orange County Sheriff's Department provides parent education classes, parent volunteer opportunities, attendance support, and community resources. Parents can get involved in the PTO as well as our Parents in Action and Greeter Programs by volunteering or visiting the office.
Wakeham's extracurricular programs evoke student involvement on campus while also setting high expectations that scholars never fail to exceed. Here are our programs:
- The Big Brother/Big Sister Mentoring Program pairs our young scholars with older ones as a means to establish a mentor-and-mentee relationship. Our Big Brothers and Big Sisters become role models for Wakeham students, creating the motivation to achieve personal and academic goals.
- Our College and Career Mentoring Program pairs sixth grade students with college mentors who serve as positive role models and prepare students for success in intermediate school.
- The after-school AVID program teaches students scholarly habits including note-taking and study skills. AVID strategies are proven to be crucial for success in college.
- Pure Games Soccer channels the meaning of athletic fun as students play the sport and learn healthy fitness tips along the way. Soccer is a highly valued sport in our community, and Wakeham was happy to embrace and incorporate it by popular demand for our student athletes.
- The Boys & Girls Club consists of fun activities that enhance students' social and athletic skills. Scholars learn communication, collaboration and creativity as they work alongside a plethora of classmates to execute unique activities. A trusted staff member is also in charge of an hour of the day dedicated to completing homework, known as Power Hour.
Our school's enriching PBIS program promotes respectful, courteous students. Wakeham's monthly award ceremonies celebrate student success in many categories including perseverance, the bucket filler, compassion, and greatness. We also have an end of the year honor roll to recognized students for academic success, good citizenship, and attendance. We welcome all families to attend the awards ceremonies and experience the joy of honoring their child's hard work.
We are committed to ensuring all students achieve academic and personal success. Do not hesitate to stop by our office or give us a call at (714) 663-6407 with questions or concerns.